Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, May 7, 2007

Weekend Fun (long post)

So many things have happened since I last posted…

Where to start?!?!?!

I guess with the gorgeous yarn from Blue Moon for the April installment of the Rockin’ Sock Club! How lovely is this???

It is 81% merino and 19% silk. It is so nice to knit with.

This is another Toe-Up pattern but it is different than the Monsoon socks.

So, I have learned another way to start a sock from the toe-up .

I have actually now finished both socks up to the gussets. I worked on these while I was waiting to see Queen Elizabeth on Friday at William & Mary. Lots of knitting was accomplished while standing in line and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

I am having a little bit of trouble with the ‘turning of the heel’ but got some help on the Pfb’s from an expert this weekend at Maryland Sheep & Wool.

That brings us to MS&W. This was my very first time attending MS&W and I had a great time. Of course, I rode up with Friend so just the drive itself was fun. I think that we could have a good time sitting in a cardboard box.
There were sheep
More sheep
Alpacas
Baby sheep
Angora Bunnies
And of course, yarn!!!

I had never seen anyone actually spinning yarn, and I was fascinated watching as this vendor hand plucked the angora bunny that was sitting patiently and quietly in her lap and was spinning the yarn right there. It was really cool!

I did very good and only got yarn for things that I have projects in mind for. Well, all except for 1 but I did think about it for a good half hour before I went back and got it and it was still there so it was meant to be. I think that this will make a gorgeous scarf or shawl or something yummy. (And before you say it, I will...yes, there definitely was a 'theme' of colors for the yarn that was purchased this weekend. There were 2 purchases of corals & browns and 2 purchases of purples and greens.

There was sock yarn from Spirit Trail in some very lovely blues and purples as well as sock yarn from Ellen’s Half Pint Farms .
I also picked up some yarn that reminded me of Mardi Gras to make a clapotis.The only thing missing seemed to be the vendor selling Fried Twinkies. I don’t know that I actually would have eaten one, but the whole concept leaves me rather intrigued and I was hoping to catch a glimpse of one.

We went by the booth for The Fold where they were selling the lovely Socks that Rock yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts so we were able to see some of the colorways up close & personal (petting the yarn is always fun) but the line for them was UNBELIVEABLE and the yarn itself was going fast. Some of the people there (the ones doing the purchasing) were rather rude as well. They were pushy and shoving and no one said 'excuse me' or 'I’m sorry' or anything and that was rather annoying. Too many people shoved into too small of a space. Maybe they should re-think where to put them next year – perhaps outside where they can have more space and spill out into the ‘common areas’. Just my 2¢’s.

We left Maryland before most of the other traffic so it was a pretty smooth ride home, aside from a couple of accidents that we witnessed that were thankfully on the other side of the interstate. It did start to sprinkle and was raining rather steadily by the time I dropped off Friend, but on the ride home, it STORMED.

I arrived at the youngest DS’s school just in time to pick him up from a field trip…and just my luck, as the bus is turning into the parking lot it hit a light pole in the parking lot. That wouldn’t be so bad, except for the fact that the light pole is attached to a solid cement base. And so the kids could not get off the bus until the police came. All the parents were waiting out in the rain for the kids. No one was hurt, which is wonderful, but the bus was pretty torn up. You can see that there is a cement block where a front wheel should be. And of course, the light was not lit up, so maybe that had something to do with the driver not being able to see it.

So, that was Saturday…

Sunday, we went to see Spiderman 3. I must say, it was a little slow in parts, but because I am a Spiderman fan, I really enjoyed it. The fight scenes and special effects were pretty cool.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sorry I missed you guys on Saturday, but you know how it was -- crazy crowded. Still fun, though.