Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Knitting and Weight Loss

I think that knitting is helping...to a certain extent, with the weight loss thus far. When I am knitting, I don't want to be sitting around snacking - can't have anything hurting the yarn, you know.

Because of this, I am almost finished with the Big Bad Baby Blanket, just 15 more rows of the 20 row moss stitch border. Lucky for me, since the baby shower for SIL is next weekend!

Now, knitting might also be holding me back a bit. I started knitting 2 years ago, casting on for my very first project the night before the Shamrock Half Marathon. I haven't really run much since. Coincidence? I don't know. I am looking at doing the new Richmond Half Marathon in November so I may have to try and fit some running time in between the knitting. I wish that it was possible to knit and run on the treadmill at the same time. I don't think that I am that coordinated. Although, there was a woman who did a marathon while knitting the entire time. Maybe I should write her for some tips.

I guess I will be adding a tracker to track how far I am running while I am training. I have to be at a certain point before I will commit, ie pay my money, to the Richmond Half. I'm so not ready for a full one yet, but maybe next year. I'll be 40...it will be something to shoot for.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow, and that woman knit with straight needles! Wonder how many times she dropped one during the 26.2 miles?