Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, March 24, 2008

It's not that I haven't been knitting...

WARNING: Picture Happy Post!

Honestly...I have been knitting. I've been knitting up a storm, actually. I don't have a lot to show for it, but I have been working on various projects. I have to be knitting...I got a new bag just for it. It's last years fabric, but I don't care...I love it. This is my 2nd Lexie Barnes bag and I think that it is awesome!

While waiting for the March shipment for the Rockin' Sock Club, I have been working on the December shipment that I hadn't gotten to yet. The colorway is Bella Coola and the pattern is Salish Sea Socks (try saying that one 3 times fast...I can't). Anyway, I have knit these socks probably 5 times, no joke. I had one sock completely finished, all except the bind off, and I bound off not once, but twice and didn't like it...so instead of ripping back and just re-doing the bind off for a third time, I completely frogged the whole thing and started over once again. Here's a picture of one sock-in-progress on the needles. (It's my first time using 2 circulars - they are HiyaHiya needles and I do like them...and I totally can see the positives of knitting socks this way, although, to be honest, I did switch to my DPN's for the foot and again for the cuff.)

And then, they are FINALLY finished!!!! I love them. They fit great and look pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I was pretty proud of myself for making it thru this pattern. I feel like I can conquer anything now that I have done this one!

The March shipment has come in and even though I am not a 'green' person, I'm much more of a purple or pink person, I LOVE this colorway.

It's called Lucky and the pattern to go with it, well, it's beautiful and I cannot wait to cast on for these. I will be doing that today at lunch. I would have started last night at Knit Night, but I forgot my size 2 DPN's at home. I have them today and I am ready!

The youngest son had a track meet over the weekend and I was totally amazed at his performance. He ran the 1600m race (1 mile) and he came in with a time of 6:02. He was running about a 15-minute mile in August when he started cross country, so we were very excited about his time.

And I leave you with this cute puppy picture...he loves to have his picture taken.

No comments: