Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, June 6, 2008

Making progress...but should I FROG?

I am making progress, slowly but surely on my new Rockin' Sock Club socks. Only one problem...

They look kind of like what they are suppose to look like - I've made it thru one full repeat and half of a second one and have just started the gusset increases. And it fits so far.

So what's the problem you ask...


LADDERS!

At least it looks like ladders.

The pattern has ladders in it on purpose, and there are some ladders along the sides of the instep. Only thing is, it looks like I have ladders developing at the space between the instep and sole. This is not something that I normally deal with since I am typically on DPN's and I move the stitches around and around to prevent them.

For this pattern, however, I'm currently working on 2 circulars, which is making the pattern easier for me - my twisting stitches are not as tight and I'm not as worried about dropping a stitch, etc., but I don't want ladders.

Do I continue as act like they are just part of the pattern and design, almost meaning that I have to repeat the same thing on the second sock? Or do I FROG it and either go back to my DPN's or make sure to pay special close attention to that second stitch, remembering to pull it tight each round?

And I can hear Friend's voice in my head with the "I told you so's" and the "This is why you do your socks on DPN's and move the stitches around".

What do you think???

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Love the colorway and the look, save the ladder. I hate to say it, but if you don't frog, I'm betting you won't be able to reproduce that ladder on #2. You're good, but re-creating a ladder?? Dunno... It does kinda' go with the pattern though...

Anonymous said...

Where have you been ... waiting to learn more about the rockin sock club socks.