Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shhh...test knitting going on...

Ok, I admit, I have been very absent as of late. It's not because I haven't had anything going on, it's not because I haven't been knitting, it's probably because of to complete opposite. Once school is back underway, and with one in both a sport and band, things just seem to go non-stop, full-speed ahead.

He has had either cross country practice or band practice or a meet or a performance since we got back from our trip to Louisiana. It was practices rolling right into the start of school and the various competitions.

The oldest started right back to college about 2 weeks after we got back and he's in full-swing with classes, studio time and Ultimate Frisbee.

I have been knitting away too, but I don't have any pictures right now to post. I will try and get those posted in the next day or two. While I was down in Louisiana my youngest niece and my 2 nephews picked out yarn and decided that they wanted blankets. Lucky for me they picked thick yarn and they are little so I don't have to make huge blankets. The West Coast niece and nephew really just want them to carry around. I have finished (almost, I ran out of yarn with 8 rows of decreases and binding off to go, so I have to grab one more skein of yarn) the blanket for my youngest nephew and I am about half way with the one for my youngest niece. I haven't started the one for the other nephew but I will and it won't take long. I do have to find some yarn for the oldest niece - I want to find her something a little different from the other 3 and make her something a bit nicer - she's older, she'll hopefully appreciate it.

But referring to the title...I have started on a test knitting assignment...I'm working on 2 socks - 1 each out of a different color way and different pattern. It's kind of exciting...I've never done anything like this before so I think that it's rather cool. I'll tell you more when I finish...but for now, I must go and knit...

Pictures coming soon...

And before I forget - Happy 16th Birthday to my youngest son...and Congratulations and good luck to my brother Jason and his new wife Joy - getting married in Phoenix, AZ today.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Congrats to the newlyweds!

I think a lot of moms are very busy now that school's back in session and blogging is (understandably) on a back burner.