Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Things I've Done

I got this from a fellow blogger…and it’s simple…

Bold or italicize the things you've done. I’ve changed a couple things and added some personal notes

1. Started your own blog - Obviously
2. Slept under the stars – No way, not when there are perfectly good hotels around
3. Played in a band – Does marching band count?
4. Visited Hawaii Greece – twice
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland – and Disney World
8. Climbed a mountain – Smokey Mountains on our honeymoon, but I’m not a huge fan.
9. Held a praying mantis - GROSS
10. Sang a solo – church choir as a kid
11. Bungee jumped – as a young and stupid 21-year-old
12. Visited Paris – I wish
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea – yup
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – kind of, but does being taught by one of your best friends count?
15. Adopted a child – nope, but would certainly entertain the idea
16. Had food poisoning – oh yeah, horrible memories
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables – I can’t grow much of anything, the hubby does that
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train – never been on a train
21. Had a pillow fight – many times – I do have 2 sisters
22. Hitch hiked – no way
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – maybe? Depends on who is reading this
24. Built a snow fort – no, don’t really like to play in the cold that much
25. Held a lamb – no, but I have pet one and an alpaca and a bunny
26. Gone skinny dipping – no
27. Run a Marathon Half Marathon – Yup! And want to run another one…and maybe even a full
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – nope, never been to Italy but want to
29. Seen a total eclipse – Pretty cool!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run – no…never played baseball or softball
32. Been on a cruise – hubby took me last summer
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – never been
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – where would that be?
35. Seen an Amish community – I don’t think so
36. Taught yourself a new language – I learned a few words in Spanish so I could order drinks in Tijuana and ask about the bathroom and I learned a few words in Greek for basically the same reason, but not a whole language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – is there such a thing
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa Parthenon in person I've been to Greece, not Italy

39. Gone rock climbing – no, and no real desire to either
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – yes, but not very well at all
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa – Maybe one day
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – a couple of times
46. Been transported in an ambulance – I don’t think so
47. Had your portrait painted – Not that I can recall
48. Gone deep sea fishing – No – I think that I would get sea-sick
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – maybe one day
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – again, maybe one day
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – yes, but I’m not a big fan of it
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - I did grow up in Louisiana...the whole place is a mud pit
54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – definitely some day
57. Started a business – no, but I would love to if I can ever win the lottery
58. Taken a martial arts class – does a Tae Bo class at the gym count?
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – yes, top sales person of my troop
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – yes, but not recently without a reason (Anniversary, Birthday, Valentines, etc.)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – donated yesterday, actually
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – way back in the young & stupid days, thankfully not in the last 20 years!
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – no, but in cleaning out stuff of my Grandmother’s I found my 2nd tooth that I lost
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – yes, several times
71. Eaten Caviar – no, doesn’t look appetizing
72. Pieced a quilt – no, not yet
73. Stood in Times Square – never been to New York City, but it’s one of the places I want to go
74. Toured the Everglades – bugs, mainly mosquitoes, alligators, no thank you!
75. Been fired from a job - Nope, always left by choice, thankfully
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London at the Parliament in Athens
77. Broken a bone – several – collar bone, fingers, arm in a couple places, etc.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – 5 miles over the speed limit count?
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – no but I certainly want to
80. Published a book – no one would buy it
81. Visited the Vatican – again, never been to Italy, but I wish
82. Bought a brand new car – just bought another new one in January
83. Walked in Jerusalem – definitely up there on the top 10
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – many times as a kid
85. Read the entire Bible – working on this as a tribute to my Grandmother
86. Visited the White House – Yes but how exciting will it be to go back some time in the next 4 years?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – GROSS, GROSS, GROSS
88. Had chickenpox – yes, and I shared it with both of my wonderful sisters
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury – I got called to Jury Duty but I didn’t get picked
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club – is this the ‘buying’ book club or sitting around reading book club?
93. Lost a loved one – more than one
94. Had a baby – 2 of them, actually

95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee and a horsefly and a yellow jacket
100. Read an entire book in one day

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Neat list. I actually did enjoy sleeping under the stars as a teen...