Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An update

There has been lots of knitting going on and lots of 'life happenings' going on but not a lot of blogging.

On the Life front:


Oldest son has gone back to school, although home on weekends to work. He made the Dean's List last semester - so proud of him. He also has a piece of artwork that is going to be on display at the local botanical gardens which is very exciting.

Youngest son started a new semester in school with 4 new classes, he's getting all excited about his upcoming band trip to Walt Disney World, and he made Districts in track which he will run on Monday.

Hubby and I refinished the kitchen cabinets over the long weekend in January, and they came out really nice. Almost like new.



On the Knitting front:

I have completed 2 shawls - one for my mom and one for me. I used a pattern from Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber and I really like the way that they came out.

This is Mom's after it was blocked before I sent it to her.



I also finished and mailed off my niece's blanket. The only photo I took of it was with my phone, so it's not the best photo, but it came out nice.



I have started a KAL (Knit-a-long for the non-knitters) with some of the ladies from my Wednesday night group. It's the February Lady Sweater and we started it on February 1st and I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the month.

I'm also working on a Harry Potter scarf for my hubby. I hope he likes it...but it might not be finished right now.




I also have a couple of other projects 'in the works' but the main one right now is the sweater. I have the Lace Ribbon Scarf from Knitty on the needles. It is a very nice pattern and I like the way that it is working up in this yarn.




There's also the Moonshadow Stole from Sivia Harding, but I haven't gotten very far on that one. I got the kit from Woolgirl at Thanksgiving and it's beautiful. But there are 333 stitches on the needle so each row seems to take forever. I'm doing it in this beautiful pink and the kit included the beads, which is nice.





And now...Puppy seems to be pooped! I think that he's had a long day!


2 comments:

Firefly Nights said...

You are a brave knitter. The Moonshadow Stole is gorgeous and I have the pattern, but when I saw the CO of 335 stitches I decided it wasn't for me. Can't wait for you to post a picture of your FO.

SissySees said...

Wow! You have had a lot going on, especially on the needles. I just can't get into knitting lace with beads... I like the look, but find the techniques annoying.

Love the doggy photo at the end!