Welcome to 2007! I can't believe that it's already here and I am actually back to work and the same old grind seems to be taking over once again. It seems like I just went on vacation. Where did the time go?
It truly amazes me at how many things seem to need to be done when I am around the house to do them. Do these things never need to be done any other time? And what is it about vacation, especially those that are spent simply hanging out around your house and not trying to fit in 12,000 different things to do with your family and friends, that makes us think that we have to be busy the whole time?
I'll tell you this - I am more tired now after being on vacation! I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. I am never this tired when I work a 40 hour week plus the weekend job! Never!
There are a lot of things that I am thankful for this year; some wonderful things that I have accomplished; and many things that I want to do for myself and others in 2007!
Things I am thankful for and things that I accomplished:
1. I learned how to knit!
The person who taught me how to knit is a truly wonderful friend who I would be completely lost without. I really do not know how I managed to live so much of my life without her in it, but I know that she will always be a part of it from this point forward.
(that's a few hugs and kisses for you!)
2. I ran the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon in VA Beach! For those non-runners out there, that's 13.1 Miles! It's a lot of running.
My goal for that was to finish in 3 hours (really not that fast because some people finish full marathons in under 3 hours) and I wanted to make it to the finish line without getting sick. I was able to do both! I finished in just at 3 hours and I didn't get sick. In fact, I celebrated by having a beer in the finisher's tent!
3. My oldest son finished his first semester of college and made grades that we were very proud of! That's really an accomplishment for him, but I am very thankful that he is happy at his school of choice and that he is happy with the program (Art) that he has chosen to follow.
4. I am thankful for my family!
I have 2 wonderful sisters, 2 nieces and 2 nephews who I love dearly as well as my mother, father, grandmother, 2 kids, 1 husband, etc. I really do have wonderful people (some family some friends) surrounding me both physically in the same state and in various other states throughout the country.
My sisters are especially important to me, even though I do not know if they truly know this. There are a lot of days when I wish that we all lived closer together because I miss them terribly, but we try to stay in touch as best we can. With both of them having young ones around and with teenagers in my house, it can be tough just trying to find time to do the things that are right in front of you, but I hope that they both know and realize just how much I love them, how much they mean to me, and how happy and blessed I feel because they are a part of my life each and every day.
Things I want to do in 2007:
1. I want to do my best to see my family more.
This is a bit of a tough one since I have a sister on the Gulf Coast and a sister on the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast, but it really is something that I would like to try and do. I miss them more than I ever thought I would when we were young and all living under the same roof fighting for mirror space. I saw them the first week of November, but the time was short and it was over before it really started. I would love a bit more time with them.
2. I want to hit my goal weight with WeightWatchers.
This is probably even tougher than seeing the sisters as much as I would like, but one that I really want to do because I know that it would be healthy for me and I'd feel better and all that jazz.
3. I want to learn more with my knitting - sweaters, shrugs, socks and shawls is going to be the theme of 2007. The 4 S's! I think that I have knit enough scarves for a while, but I'm sure that there will be a couple thrown in there for good measure. You can't have too many scarves, right?
I have done 3 pairs of socks now but I have joined the Socks that Rock Sock Club and I cannot wait to get the first shipment from them! My friend was a member last year and I was so jealous of all the pretty yarn and cool patterns so I had to sign up this year too!
4. I want to exercise more (kind of goes with #2 I guess). I have been asked by 'friend' about walking in a 10K race on March 31st so I guess that I will start gearing up for that.
I guess that about does it for the accomplishments and resolutions and goals...let's see how I am doing on December 31st of this year...