Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Casualty & More Progress

Look at my casualty of war, well, sock knitting! It was bound to happen! I mean, when you are making socks using toothpicks, ok Size ZERO double point needles, at some point one of them is bound to snap in half. And tonight, it happened to me. There I was just knitting along in the middle of a round and SNAP! 2 pieces of a needle where there use to be only one. I have pictures to prove it!

Lucky for me, I was able to take my spare needle and slide it in to hold the stitches and continue on my merry way.

But still...it's the whole point! I have lost a perfectly wonderful needle.

I am making serious progress on my socks. I guess that's what doing nothing on a Saturday night except visiting with a friend with a 1-month old and watching movies will do for you.
I do knit tighter than Friend, so my stripes look a little different, but totally loving it! And I have tried them both on my feet, at least over the toe portion, and they are just G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! (I think that I have been listening to a bit too much Fergie!)

Here's another shot of the socks to show the striping. Yummy! The more that I knit with yarn from Blue Moon, the more I love it. It is so soft and the colors are so incredible and the way that the yarn works with the pattern is just awesome.

That's about it for me for the weekend. I have more knitting to do on the socks and I have to finishe laundry for the oldest son to take back to college with him tomorrow morning. He's been home for Spring Break and working which means more laundry for mom. It's a small price to pay for time with the oldest.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hmm - I see a new set of US0s in my future! I think they should be replaced with Lantern Moon Ebony Sox Stix ... yeah, that's it!

I really like the way yours are striping too. Lookin good baby!

Emma said...

Poor needle! The socks are looking beautiful, by the way.