Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, May 23, 2008

More Medical Stuff

Surgery for me yesterday went well. Still in pain, but doing OK. Hubby has been taking good care of me. I'm letting him rest now since it was an early start to the day yesterday and I know that he didn't sleep much last night. I'm sore, but not as sore as I was when we got home from the hospital...and not as sore as last night, so that's progress.

Friend is doing well. She's out of the hospital and resting at the parent's house. She's not able to drive until she sees the doctor and the neck brace comes off, but she sounds good and I'll see her next week. We talked on the phone last night, as usual, during the commercials for Gray's Anatomy...what a good show. It's her fault that I'm hooked on it...but now what will we do for the summer? Reruns, I guess, right?

Of course last night was pretty funny since we were sharing battle stories from our surgeries on back-to-back days. And yes, we basically do have to do everything together. Of course, my doctor's office scheduled my surgery and called to tell me when - it just so happened to fall when she was having hers. She's out of the office for a little more than 2 weeks; I'm out for 2 days (yesterday and today...but thankfully I have the weekend and Monday is a holiday).

Youngest son goes to the doc today to see if he will have a full cast or what else needs to be done. We're hoping that it won't be too major since we are going on vacation to Nags Head in 3 weeks - hubby wants to make sure he's able to fish and play horseshoes and whatever else it is that boys do on the beach or in the water. I will be sitting and relaxing and resting...that's all I want to do. I don't care that much for getting in the water and I'm not a huge fan of sand, but it's OK...but sun and relaxing, I'm all for that.

I'm almost done with my Toe-up Monkey socks and they look pretty cool. I will take pictures soon, when I am feeling a bit more up to it.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You -- surgery?? I didn't know! Hope you are doing well! Sounds like you have had a lot of excitement in your household - medically speaking. I tagged you for a MeMe. Hope you don't mind. Info on my blog!